Outlook Configuration With an Exchange Account Using the AutoDiscover Service
This configuration is fairly easy to set up with the AutoDiscover service. You will only need the primary email address, username, and password to set up this configuration.
- From the Windows Startup, select Control Panel and click the Mail icon.
- Click the Show Profiles… button.
- In the Mails window, create a new profile by clicking the Add… button.
- In the New Profile pop-up dialog box, enter a profile name (e.g., Work Email) of the user and click OK.
- From here, enter the user name (your name), full e-mail address, and password in the appropriate text boxes. When you are done, click Next>.
- You will be redirected to a pop-up window. Select Don’t ask me about this website again and then click the Allow button, respectively. (Please note that this pop-up window appears once the DNS has been changed. If the administrator already changed it, it will appear earlier.)
- If the customer has an AutoDiscover record and data was entered correctly, then a Congratulations configuration message will appear on the pop-up window. Click the Finish button.
- To ensure Outlook opens your new profile by default, change your profile in the drop-down menu to your newly created profile. Then click Apply and OK.
- Open Outlook, sign in using the full email address and password for the account. (Please select the Remember my password checkbox before clicking the OK button.)
- Once Outlook has opened, you may view the Microsoft Exchange Connection Statusto verify that everything is connected correctly.